How to Remove the Top Six Carpet Stains
Let’s face it, no carpet is stain proof and accidents are bound to happen to all of us from time to time. You take every precaution to protect your carpet in hopes that no accidents or spills will ever occur and compromise your carpets appearance, and in an instant, a mishap occurs with a small cup of Kool-Aid, a drop of blood, or your beloved pet that just could not hold it any longer.
What do you do?
You probably panic and reach for the nearest available cloth to remove the carpet stain? Well, hold on and take a moment before you treat the spot! There are many ways that you can remove carpet spots, but it is to your advantage to be educated and armed with some tried and proven techniques and methods to remove the top six carpet stains that can present you with a larger challenge if they are not treated with the proper care when they occur. So, take a deep breath and let it go”, read on and that stain will vanish before too long!
The Principles of spots and spill removal. If you want to successfully remove any spot or spill these 3 are a (Must).
- After a spill occurs, immediately scoop up solids and blot liquids as quickly as possible.
- Absorb as much liquid as possible with a paper towel and replace the paper or towel as it becomes saturated.
- Never use a SCRUBBING MOTION, bloat instead to prevent the carpet surface from fuzzing.
Removing Pet Stains from Carpet
Many pet owners are faced with the challenge of cleaning up a mess (or a special surprise) from their adored pet. This can be frustrating. But don’t panic, there are methods and substances that can get rid of the odor with these types of accidents and remove the carpet stains completely. Here are some tips to remove pet stains from carpet:
- First, clean up the initial mess. If there is debris on the carpet, pick it up with gloves and dispose of it. If it is wet, simply use the blot method to soak up the moisture without smearing or rubbing. Blot repeatedly until the carpet is almost dry to the touch and carpet stain is removed.
- In the event the stain has already dried on the carpet fibers, the best way to treat this type of carpet stain is to moisten it.
- To neutralize the odor and spot, you may need to try several different tactics. Try using white vinegar (you may also substitute white vinegar for white wine) to perform this action. Simply mix 1/4 cup of vinegar with a quart of warm water and spritz on the stain. Allow the vinegar spray to soak for several minutes and then proceed with the blot technique until the stain is gone and a spot is dry.
- Another method that can rid pet stains effectively from carpet is to mix a quart of water with a stain-fighting laundry detergent in a spray bottle, then spray it on the spot. Allow this mixture to soak for a few minutes, then blot, rinse with warm water, and repeat as necessary.
- If the Odor is strong that means the urine when all way down to the padding of your carpets and you need to make sure when you are applying the vinegar to put enough that will go through the carpet and get in the padding. The Vinegar will neutralize the odor.
P.S if these steps don’t take care of the odor or stain you may have to call a professional and trained carpet cleaner to assist you.
Removing Coffee Stains from Carpet
Coffee carpet spots can leave a carpet looking filthy if not treated properly. This noticeable yellowish-brown tone can easily be mistaken for an unattended pet accident. Follow these simple suggestions to remove coffee spots from carpet:
Removing Kool-Aid Stains from Carpets
Kool-Aid can be a nightmare for creating horrific carpet stains on all sorts of carpeting, however with the right treatments, you can remove Kool-Aid carpet stains from even white carpet. Just follow the steps below to remove the tough carpet stains caused by the colored beverage:
Removing Blood Stains from Carpet
There is a lot of anxiety associated with blood stains on clothes and carpets, however, the much-dreaded occurrence of this accident is not as bad as it appears. With blood stain removal, you need to treat the stain as promptly as possible. As with all stains, the faster you act, the more effective the carpet stain removal method will be.
There are many ways to remove carpet stains that are caused by blood. You can be certain that after you perform the following tips, the spot will be fully removed. Here are some methods to remove blood carpet stains:
Removing Ink Stains from Carpet
It is a known that ink stains can cause a potential permanent damage on fabrics and carpets, and even result in destruction without recourse. However, with technology and much trial and error, there are better ways to rid ink carpet stains.
With quick reflexes and a few handy household products that nasty ink stain will be removed from your carpet. Here are some effective ways to remove ink carpet stains:
Removing Wine Spots from Carpet
Last but no least. We all love celebrations and holidays, but there is nothing scarier than Wine stains on your light color carpets, rugs and furniture. They are as scary as ink stains.
However, there are better ways to rid of wine carpet stains. With quick reflexes and a few handy household products that nasty wine stain will be removed from your carpet. Here are some effective ways to remove wine carpet stains:
Most of these techniques and procedures use household products, cleaners and supplies to remove carpet stains. There is a vast amount of carpet cleaning solutions that have been specially formulated for specific types of carpet stains.
If any of the above methods seem to fall short of your expectations, be sure to check with your carpet cleaning specialist to help you find the right spot removing products to help conquer any carpet stains. Also, for additional types of stains your carpet may encounter, you can ask us for our Spot Removal Guide for additional help.
There are some instances when carpet stain removal home remedies are just not enough to get the carpeting stain-free. This is when a reputable, professional carpet cleaning company like Rodriguez Cleaning Services can be called upon to remove ground-in dirt, stains and odors and return it to its former brand-new look.
The professionals at Rodriguez Cleaning Services are experts at removing carpet stains caused by any substance or entity. When all these tactics are used in combination, even if you need to call upon the expertise of Rodriguez Carpet cleaning professionals, you will have won the battle against the Six toughest carpet stains!
With many years of combined experience, training and dedication Rodriguez Cleaning Services is a 5 stars rated Carpet, Oriental Rug, Upholstery Cleaning company in Louisville and surroundings areas. We offer a complete list of services that goes from Carpet Cleaning, Oriental Rug Cleaning, Upholstery Tile and Grout, Fiber Protector, Odor Removal and more to Water Damage Restoration and Mold Remediation.
So, if any of those Odor and Spot removal processes don’t work for you, consider calling Rodriguez Professional Cleaning Services to learn more about our 12 steps carpet cleaning process.